Yoga should be the first choice of exercise for any pregnant woman. Widely recommended and promoted by midwives and doctors, it is considered the safest all round exercise for women during pregnancy and an ideal birth preparation programme.
Classes suit all stages of pregnancy from 14 – 42 weeks.
Our pregnancy classes cover everything the pregnant mother needs to keep her fit and well during her pregnancy, remedy many of the common pregnancy complications like back pain and oedema and prepare and empower her physically, emotionally and spiritually for birth. After one hour of yoga, we end with fifteen minutes of healing deep relaxation allowing the body to release tensions, the mind to become still and the mother to create a deeper connection with her growing baby.
What the classes cover:
Postnatal Yoga With Baby
Bring your baby to Battersea Yoga’s new Postnatal Yoga class to heal, strengthen and nurture your postnatal body as well as connect with a Yoga community of new mums. The emphasis in this class is on Yoga for the Mother. We combine specific postnatal yoga exercises for the mothers with the wonderful practice of baby yoga to ensure that both mothers and babies enjoy their yoga experience. The postnatal yoga focuses on strengthening the pelvic floor muscles, re-aligning pelvis and spine and re-building core strength whilst the Baby Yoga, through a combination of song, movement and yoga postures, provides a joyful physical experience for the babies.
Postnatal Yoga can be practiced from 6 weeks.
Benefits of Postnatal Yoga:
– Strengthens the back
– Re-knits the rectus abdominis
– Strengthens the deeper core abdominals
– Develops pelvic floor strength and tone
– Releases accumulated tension in the shoulders, neck and back
– Improves posture and realigns the spine
– Rejuvenates the mind and increase energy levels
– Promotes deep physical and mental relaxation
– Builds patience and inner-calm
– Creates the ideal environment in you for a rich connection with your baby
– Guided discussion around the theme of postnatal life
Yoga & Mindfulness for Pregnancy & Birth
with Nadia Raafat.